Our Mission Statement
Our Academy emphasizes personal academic success for each student with a belief that education is most successful when based on the eternal principles of education found in the scriptures and writings of Ellen G. White. Based on solid academic preparation and a passion for service, our students will be trained to help others achieve their best. Our Academy’s reputation will be founded on following God’s plan for education, personalized to each student’s needs, facilitated by a committed staff who have dedicated themselves to understanding and implementing God’s plan for education. We will fulfill this through our Mission:
We are committed to fully demonstrating God’s plan for education: focusing on character development, academic excellence, and applied skills, to enable self-reliance and to know the joy of unselfish service.
Our School will strive to accomplish the mission by committing to:
- Fully following God’s plan for education, challenging young people to pursue their quest for excellence – spiritually, physically, and academically, which will enable them to be of service to man and God.
- Use spiritual leadership, mission service, practical education, and Christ-centered learning to mold the characters of our students.
Our Vision Statement
The Vision we hold for Harbert Hills Academy clearly defines where we are headed and what we aspire to be, and follows God’s plan for education. It will help build our community and inspire action, yet keep us grounded. To fulfill this, our inspiring Vision is focused on:
Fulfilling God’s Plan for Education
Our Vision is grounded by the following:
Higher than the highest human thought can reach is God’s ideal for His children. Godliness —godlikeness — is the goal to be reached. Before the student there is opened a path of continual progress. He has an object to achieve, a standard to attain, that includes everything good, and pure, and noble. He will advance as fast and as far as possible in every branch of true knowledge. But his efforts will be directed to objects as much higher than mere selfish and temporal interests as the heavens are higher than the earth (Education p. 18).
Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think… (Ephesians 3:20).
Our School will strive to accomplish our Vision by committing to:
- Continuing to study God’s Plan for education.
- Fostering a desire to follow God’s Plan for education among staff, parents, and students.
- Leading youth to Christ one step at a time.
- Promoting educational excellence and character development today, to prepare leaders to be of service tomorrow.
Our Guiding Core Values
Our Strategic Plan brings together our strengths to provide a Christ-centered preparatory education that applies relevance through integrated vocational programs. HHA’s strategic direction is guided by the basic beliefs and values inherent in the Mission and Vision of the Academy:
- Nurture – Providing a place to grow closer to Christ
- Service – Encouraging students to reach beyond themselves
- Restoration – Demonstrating God’s power to reproduce His image in humanity
- Discernment – Teaching students to be thinkers not just reflectors
- Usefulness – Providing opportunities for hands-on experience
- Teamwork – Working with parents, staff, and students to achieve maximum progress
- Balance – Strengthening the body, mind, and character in a harmonious way